Sunday, February 06, 2005

Laundry for dummies
OK, let me just preface this by saying that I know you're supposed to separate your whites and colors and do two separate loads. But honestly, if you're using a coin-operated machine, like I have to, this is just not practical. I mean, who has that many quarters? I certainly don't. So over the years, I've learned that you can pretty much throw everything into one machine and, as long as you wash it on cold, it all should come out okay. Sure, it's not ideal, but it works.

Of course, there is one caveat to this method of laundry-doing, which is that all of the colored items in the machine should have been washed without whites at least once, to allow for any bleeding. This means that you must keep track of the washing history of all of your clothes, which apparently I cannot do, judging by the fact that my favorite winter-white sweater just came out of the washing machine with large purplish spots on it. Crap. Fortunately, after an emergency session with a bottle of Woolite and my bathroom sink, I think I've managed to return it to its normal color. Only time will tell if it will ever really be the same. Sniffle.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]