Monday, December 20, 2004

What is it about Mondays that makes me want to do really dumb things?
This morning, on my way to work, I was trying to get my sunglasses out of my purse, but they were intertwined with my gum. When I shook them to free the gum from their grasp, the gum fell down between the passenger seat and the center console. So I did what you should always do when something falls between the seat while you're driving: I looked down to search for it. Of course, I was trying to turn onto the highway at the same time and ended up running up on the curb and nearly hitting the "Walk/Don't Walk" sign. Fortunately, the noise made by my front wheel hitting the curb was enough to get me to look up from my gum search, and I was able to get back on the road before I plowed the front end of my car into the sign. Believe me when I say that the horrified look on the face of the guy behind me was certainly not lost on me.

Also, you would think that, after the debacle that was last New Year's Eve, I would have learned not to spend the entire time at holiday parties gorging myself on hors d'oeuvres while steadily consuming wine. But apparently not. At least I managed to restrain myself before I christened another one of my friends' sinks.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]