Wednesday, December 15, 2004

More fun at the post office
Today during lunch, I made the trek to the post office for my annual Holiday Package-Shipping Extravaganza. It wasn’t all that bad, actually. The only snag came when I asked for a postcard stamp. I’ve begun to wonder whether other people actually send postcards anymore, because every time I go to the post office to get a postcard stamp, it routinely takes the person helping me forever to locate them. Anyway, while I was waiting, I perused a helpful sign taped to the counter, instructing patrons on what materials could be considered liquid, fragile, perishable or hazardous. This sign featured pictures of several items that fit into this designation, such as hairspray, paint cans, gasoline, medicine and…uh, a scorpion. No, really. A scorpion. Like, who would ever send a scorpion in the mail? I mean, it seems like a pretty good surprise for someone you don’t really like, but it hardly seems worth the trouble inherent in trying to get it into a box to mail it. Plus, as the sign suggests, you’d probably run into some complications at the post office.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]