Saturday, December 04, 2004
Bah humbug!
Whatever holiday spirit I managed to cultivate (in spite of a nasty hangover) this morning by listening to Christmas tunes was eradicated the moment I stepped into Target this afternoon. I didn't find a single item on my Christmas list (granted, I was only there to look for one item, but still), but I did find approximately 7,000 screaming children. Perfect. I'm hoping that the festivities I have planned for this evening--putting up my Christmas tree while watching Love Actually--will help restore my good holiday mood, but considering the storied battles I have waged in the past with my Christmas lights, I'm thinking there's a distinct possibility that such a restoration is not in the cards.
Whatever holiday spirit I managed to cultivate (in spite of a nasty hangover) this morning by listening to Christmas tunes was eradicated the moment I stepped into Target this afternoon. I didn't find a single item on my Christmas list (granted, I was only there to look for one item, but still), but I did find approximately 7,000 screaming children. Perfect. I'm hoping that the festivities I have planned for this evening--putting up my Christmas tree while watching Love Actually--will help restore my good holiday mood, but considering the storied battles I have waged in the past with my Christmas lights, I'm thinking there's a distinct possibility that such a restoration is not in the cards.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]