Thursday, December 23, 2004
And then, eight hours later...
I was home. And in only double the time it normally takes me to get home! Actually, most of the journey wasn't that bad. In fact, when I got past Nashville, I couldn't help but think what great time I was making, which is just never a good idea. Because as soon as I allowed myself such a thought, traffic slowed to a standstill on the interstate. And when I say a standstill, I mean it in the "people getting out of their cars like they're in an R.E.M. video" kind of way. It took me an hour and a half to drive eight miles, at which point I exited and met my dad, who had formulated a shortcut. And while the shortcut did arguably save some time, it also nearly resulted in me getting stuck in the middle of the road on a snow drift.
Oh, well. I'm home now, and I plan to spend tomorrow sledding down our driveway and consuming mass quantities of chocolate. Yay!
I was home. And in only double the time it normally takes me to get home! Actually, most of the journey wasn't that bad. In fact, when I got past Nashville, I couldn't help but think what great time I was making, which is just never a good idea. Because as soon as I allowed myself such a thought, traffic slowed to a standstill on the interstate. And when I say a standstill, I mean it in the "people getting out of their cars like they're in an R.E.M. video" kind of way. It took me an hour and a half to drive eight miles, at which point I exited and met my dad, who had formulated a shortcut. And while the shortcut did arguably save some time, it also nearly resulted in me getting stuck in the middle of the road on a snow drift.
Oh, well. I'm home now, and I plan to spend tomorrow sledding down our driveway and consuming mass quantities of chocolate. Yay!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]