Friday, November 19, 2004
Whew!
For a second there, I thought I was actually going to have to go on reality TV.
I’ve totally been wanting one of those green “Gettin’ Lucky in Kentucky” shirts (for obvious reasons, although I have to admit that even though I did grow up in Kentucky, I’ve never really gotten particularly lucky there, which might be due in large part to the fact that my high-school sweetheart turned out to be gay). Anyway, the problem is, I never seem to see them anywhere but on reality TV.
I first noticed the shirt quite a while ago, when Christina was wearing it on The Real World: Paris. Since then, I had kind of forgotten about it, but lately, I’ve seen them popping up everywhere on reality TV. Norelle was wearing one a few weeks ago on America’s Next Top Model. Then on Wednesday night, I was flipping channels and happened to land on Fox, which was inexplicably showing bonus footage from The Simple Life 2, and I spotted Paris Hilton wearing one. And last night, in the previews for next week’s Apprentice, Ivana was sporting one, too.
I was dismayed, and not just because the shirt I wanted was being worn by people of the caliber of Ivana and Paris Hilton (although, rationally speaking, I guess Norelle [who is fabulous] and Christina [who’s not all that bad, I guess] cancel out the horribleness of the other two). No, I was upset to find that apparently this shirt was being handed out in some sort of reality-show-participant goody bag, and if I wanted the shirt, I would have to actually be on a reality show, too. And I can’t be on a reality show! Do you realize how much time that would take out of my busy schedule of making fun of people who are on reality shows?
Fortunately, after some Internet research, I learned that the shirt is in fact available to people of the non-fame-whore variety at Urban Outfitters (which would have been really helpful to know when I was actually at Urban Outfitters this summer with Chase, not that I would have been able to purchase it then since I was broke and unemployed). So instead of going on a reality show, I just have to go to Atlanta. Which, considering the usual volume of traffic in that city, should be only slightly less painful.
For a second there, I thought I was actually going to have to go on reality TV.
I’ve totally been wanting one of those green “Gettin’ Lucky in Kentucky” shirts (for obvious reasons, although I have to admit that even though I did grow up in Kentucky, I’ve never really gotten particularly lucky there, which might be due in large part to the fact that my high-school sweetheart turned out to be gay). Anyway, the problem is, I never seem to see them anywhere but on reality TV.
I first noticed the shirt quite a while ago, when Christina was wearing it on The Real World: Paris. Since then, I had kind of forgotten about it, but lately, I’ve seen them popping up everywhere on reality TV. Norelle was wearing one a few weeks ago on America’s Next Top Model. Then on Wednesday night, I was flipping channels and happened to land on Fox, which was inexplicably showing bonus footage from The Simple Life 2, and I spotted Paris Hilton wearing one. And last night, in the previews for next week’s Apprentice, Ivana was sporting one, too.
I was dismayed, and not just because the shirt I wanted was being worn by people of the caliber of Ivana and Paris Hilton (although, rationally speaking, I guess Norelle [who is fabulous] and Christina [who’s not all that bad, I guess] cancel out the horribleness of the other two). No, I was upset to find that apparently this shirt was being handed out in some sort of reality-show-participant goody bag, and if I wanted the shirt, I would have to actually be on a reality show, too. And I can’t be on a reality show! Do you realize how much time that would take out of my busy schedule of making fun of people who are on reality shows?
Fortunately, after some Internet research, I learned that the shirt is in fact available to people of the non-fame-whore variety at Urban Outfitters (which would have been really helpful to know when I was actually at Urban Outfitters this summer with Chase, not that I would have been able to purchase it then since I was broke and unemployed). So instead of going on a reality show, I just have to go to Atlanta. Which, considering the usual volume of traffic in that city, should be only slightly less painful.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]