Friday, November 12, 2004

Oh, Seth. Poor, gay Seth.
Either Chris’s power of suggestion is pretty potent and I’m now unnaturally attuned to any signs of homosexuality on The O.C., or the writers really are trying to set Seth up for some sort of sexual revelation this season. Either way, you have to admit that this little exchange brought another black mark into the Seth Cohen Heterosexuality Column:

Seth (on Summer’s new beau): “I can’t believe she’s dating that guy!”
Ryan: “Five minutes ago, you wanted to date that guy.”

I must say, I was a bit surprised when Zach was revealed to be Summer’s new boyfriend, mostly because I expected him to end up as Seth’s new boyfriend. Of course, I’m still not ruling out that possibility. Because Summer walking in on Zach and Seth in the middle of a passionate embrace? Would be sooo O.C.

Speaking of Zach, I was inordinately pleased (as I suspect all SBTB fans were) when Seth referred to him as “the Zach [sic] Attack.” Never mind the fact that Seth Cohen is arguably too young to have ever even watched Saved by the Bell in its initial run.

Finally, because I can’t think of anything to talk about other than The O.C., last week we were treated to Mischa Barton’s interpretation of “angry.” This week, we got “sad.” I ask you, when will these attempts at “acting” ever end? Sadly, I suspect the answer is “never.”

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]