Tuesday, November 30, 2004
The most amazing thing I saw on three weeks' worth of The Amazing Race
Yes, I'm finally caught up (woo hoo!) (or, in the words of Jonathan, "WOOOOOO!"), and if I had to name some overarching amazingness for all of the four hours of TAR6 I've watched in the past few days, it would definitely be how much I really love Jonathan. Wait, what? This isn't Opposite Day? Ohhhh.
Yeah. Jonathan is not so much every single racer I've ever hated (Flo, Ian, Mirna, Colin) rolled into one nice little randomly blue-haired package; he's more like every single person I've ever hated in my entire life rolled into said package. Wow.
And then there's Victoria, the chump who married him. Some have suggested that having decided to marry Jonathan is Victoria's only flaw, but I beg to differ. The constant whining and incessant overreacting are also terribly grating. However, I almost think it might be worth having these two in the race simply for the benefit of the hilarious reactions they garner from other teams. I know, I know, I'm totally going to regret saying that very, very soon.
Also amazing: The fact that Kristen's husband has managed to turn up on yet another reality show, this time under the alias of "Aaron." Kristen, you need to keep better tabs on your man!
Love and...Pigeons?
While watching tonight's episode of The Amazing Race, I happened to see a new DeBeers commercial, in which a man proposes to his wife that they get married again in Trafalgar Square in London. It's quite similar to the former DeBeers commercial, where the guy screams how much he loves his wife in the middle of St. Mark's Square in Venice. Now, I have never been to Venice, but I know that St. Mark's Square is famous for having a lot of pigeons. And I have been to Trafalgar Square and can attest that it too has a good number of pigeons. I know these ads are supposed to be about grand declarations of love in very public places, but seriously. What's with all the pigeons? Pigeons are not romantic; they're vermin with wings. If some guy tried something like that with me, I'd be all, "That's nice, honey, but ew, can we get away from the pigeons?" So if you're planning on trying to romance me (which I highly recommend, by the way), please do not let pigeons in any way figure into the equation. Because pigeons and love just don't mix.
Yes, I'm finally caught up (woo hoo!) (or, in the words of Jonathan, "WOOOOOO!"), and if I had to name some overarching amazingness for all of the four hours of TAR6 I've watched in the past few days, it would definitely be how much I really love Jonathan. Wait, what? This isn't Opposite Day? Ohhhh.
Yeah. Jonathan is not so much every single racer I've ever hated (Flo, Ian, Mirna, Colin) rolled into one nice little randomly blue-haired package; he's more like every single person I've ever hated in my entire life rolled into said package. Wow.
And then there's Victoria, the chump who married him. Some have suggested that having decided to marry Jonathan is Victoria's only flaw, but I beg to differ. The constant whining and incessant overreacting are also terribly grating. However, I almost think it might be worth having these two in the race simply for the benefit of the hilarious reactions they garner from other teams. I know, I know, I'm totally going to regret saying that very, very soon.
Also amazing: The fact that Kristen's husband has managed to turn up on yet another reality show, this time under the alias of "Aaron." Kristen, you need to keep better tabs on your man!
Love and...Pigeons?
While watching tonight's episode of The Amazing Race, I happened to see a new DeBeers commercial, in which a man proposes to his wife that they get married again in Trafalgar Square in London. It's quite similar to the former DeBeers commercial, where the guy screams how much he loves his wife in the middle of St. Mark's Square in Venice. Now, I have never been to Venice, but I know that St. Mark's Square is famous for having a lot of pigeons. And I have been to Trafalgar Square and can attest that it too has a good number of pigeons. I know these ads are supposed to be about grand declarations of love in very public places, but seriously. What's with all the pigeons? Pigeons are not romantic; they're vermin with wings. If some guy tried something like that with me, I'd be all, "That's nice, honey, but ew, can we get away from the pigeons?" So if you're planning on trying to romance me (which I highly recommend, by the way), please do not let pigeons in any way figure into the equation. Because pigeons and love just don't mix.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]