Thursday, November 11, 2004
Janice Dickinson’s Quote of the Week
“Try posing on top of a crocodile!” –Janice, to the girls who were complaining about having to pose with a tarantula
Sadly, this comment was not immediately followed by a cut to a picture of Janice riding some poor crocodile, so we can’t say for sure whether she really has posed on a crocodile, or if, in her drug-induced state, what she thought was a crocodile was actually, say, a sofa.
Did anyone else think it was totally rude of Ann to be making fun of Eva and calling her a baby because she has a fear of spiders? I mean, back in the second episode when Ann was all freaking out and crying on the plane, did anyone make fun of her and call her a baby because she has a fear of flying? OK, actually, I think someone might have, but whatever. The point is, we all have our paralyzing fears, and sometimes we can’t explain them and they seem stupid to people on the outside, but that doesn’t make them any less real. For example, I have a fear of being trapped in a car underwater. Now, I can’t imagine any circumstances in which I would be required to model while trapped in a car underwater (nor, for that matter, any circumstance in which I would actually enter a modeling competition), but if such a circumstance should arise, you can bet I’d probably be freaking out about it. And I wouldn’t appreciate anyone making fun of me because of it.
Also, just in case you care, I actually interviewed one of the PR guys who came over the loft to coach the girls on interviewing techniques (the younger one) for a story for J105. As I recall, he responded to half of the questions I asked with a terse, “No comment,” so I was unsurprised that he instructed the girls to be as vague as humanly possible when talking to journalists.
“Try posing on top of a crocodile!” –Janice, to the girls who were complaining about having to pose with a tarantula
Sadly, this comment was not immediately followed by a cut to a picture of Janice riding some poor crocodile, so we can’t say for sure whether she really has posed on a crocodile, or if, in her drug-induced state, what she thought was a crocodile was actually, say, a sofa.
Did anyone else think it was totally rude of Ann to be making fun of Eva and calling her a baby because she has a fear of spiders? I mean, back in the second episode when Ann was all freaking out and crying on the plane, did anyone make fun of her and call her a baby because she has a fear of flying? OK, actually, I think someone might have, but whatever. The point is, we all have our paralyzing fears, and sometimes we can’t explain them and they seem stupid to people on the outside, but that doesn’t make them any less real. For example, I have a fear of being trapped in a car underwater. Now, I can’t imagine any circumstances in which I would be required to model while trapped in a car underwater (nor, for that matter, any circumstance in which I would actually enter a modeling competition), but if such a circumstance should arise, you can bet I’d probably be freaking out about it. And I wouldn’t appreciate anyone making fun of me because of it.
Also, just in case you care, I actually interviewed one of the PR guys who came over the loft to coach the girls on interviewing techniques (the younger one) for a story for J105. As I recall, he responded to half of the questions I asked with a terse, “No comment,” so I was unsurprised that he instructed the girls to be as vague as humanly possible when talking to journalists.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]