Monday, November 22, 2004

I can't believe I own the same shirt as Paris Hilton




But as you can see, I do. And I love it! Props to Kate for taking me to Urban Outfitters, as well as many other stores with authentically cool (as opposed to mass-market faux-vintage cool) merchandise. I bought more things for myself than is strictly decent this close to Christmas, but I rationalized this by a) remembering that the last time I went on a shopping spree for myself was right after Christmas last year, and b) buying at least one Christmas present for someone other than myself.

We also went out to a very cool bar on Saturday night, then capped off our evening by going through the drive-thru at Krispy Kreme for pumpkin spice doughnuts (heavenly), which we ate while watching Swingers. It was all very college, except for the doughnuts. (I think Steak & Shake would have been required for the full college-esque experience.)

I also got to eat at the restaurant where, as Kate put it, “the Bush twins ran afoul of the law.” And we had a drink at the super-swanky hotel where all the stars stay when they come to Austin. Unfortunately, we did not see any stars, but we did spot a guy that looked vaguely like Jude Law and tried in vain to pretend that it was actually him.

In the midst of all this drinking and eating and shopping, we went to see the much-anticipated Bridget Jones sequel. My verdict? It did have its problems, to be sure, but I didn’t think it was complete crap. (And I have to say, if this movie is Dave’s idea of romantic-comedy crap, it’s obvious he’s never had to sit through an entire Brittany Murphy movie. I wish I were so lucky.) Anyway, I found the sequel to be a bit too obvious and heavy-handed, and it seemed overly zealous in its penchant for referencing the first film. But there were still some funny and endearing moments. Plus, Hugh Grant. And Colin Firth. Mmmm. The fact of the matter is, I could spend two full hours just watching those two “fight” to the tune of ridiculously campy music. Now that's my idea of quality entertainment.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]