Tuesday, November 02, 2004
“Hold me down/I am floating away/Into the overcast skies over my hometown/On election day”
If you’re registered to vote, get out there and do it by the end of the day. (If you’re not registered, shame on you!) If it helps, think of voting less as a civic obligation and more as a chance to participate in a really popular reality show where you'll find out later that night which contestant will be eliminated. This will be The Most Dramatic! Presidential Election! Ever!
Even if you don’t care who the heck our president (or your 10th disctrict circuit court judge or your city comptroller) is, go anyway. You never know—you might find something amusing on the ballot, as I did. Apparently Alabama is proposing an amendment to the state constitution that would allow the constitution to provide for the promotion of shrimp and seafood. WTF? After careful consideration, I decided to vote against this amendment. I mean, I like shrimp and seafood as much as the next person, but I don’t really think our state constitution is the place to be promoting it.
If nothing else, go vote just so you can get the free sticker. Yaaay, free stickers!
If you’re registered to vote, get out there and do it by the end of the day. (If you’re not registered, shame on you!) If it helps, think of voting less as a civic obligation and more as a chance to participate in a really popular reality show where you'll find out later that night which contestant will be eliminated. This will be The Most Dramatic! Presidential Election! Ever!
Even if you don’t care who the heck our president (or your 10th disctrict circuit court judge or your city comptroller) is, go anyway. You never know—you might find something amusing on the ballot, as I did. Apparently Alabama is proposing an amendment to the state constitution that would allow the constitution to provide for the promotion of shrimp and seafood. WTF? After careful consideration, I decided to vote against this amendment. I mean, I like shrimp and seafood as much as the next person, but I don’t really think our state constitution is the place to be promoting it.
If nothing else, go vote just so you can get the free sticker. Yaaay, free stickers!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]