Wednesday, October 13, 2004
Autumn of the Omelette
So remember the Summer of the Pancake? (Probably not; that’s why I linked.) Well, I’ve decided to renew my love for flippable breakfast foods this fall by declaring it Autumn of the Omelette. It occurred to me last night, as I was overcome with the sudden urge to use some extra eggs to make myself an omelette, that omelettes are actually a wonderful dinner (especially when served with “chips,” as was my favorite meal at the West End Kitchen in London). They’re quick and easy to make, and you can fill them with virtually anything that strikes your fancy. Plus, unlike so many other foods, omelettes show no prejudice against single people—they’re designed to be made for just one person. Also—and it’s not like I’m advocating high-protein diets here because I totally don’t believe in all that crap—eggs are high in protein, which is a good thing, since I probably don’t get enough protein in my diet as it is. I just hope I’m able to restrain myself when it comes to buying fun and yummy fillers for the omelettes…otherwise, this could get really expensive.
So remember the Summer of the Pancake? (Probably not; that’s why I linked.) Well, I’ve decided to renew my love for flippable breakfast foods this fall by declaring it Autumn of the Omelette. It occurred to me last night, as I was overcome with the sudden urge to use some extra eggs to make myself an omelette, that omelettes are actually a wonderful dinner (especially when served with “chips,” as was my favorite meal at the West End Kitchen in London). They’re quick and easy to make, and you can fill them with virtually anything that strikes your fancy. Plus, unlike so many other foods, omelettes show no prejudice against single people—they’re designed to be made for just one person. Also—and it’s not like I’m advocating high-protein diets here because I totally don’t believe in all that crap—eggs are high in protein, which is a good thing, since I probably don’t get enough protein in my diet as it is. I just hope I’m able to restrain myself when it comes to buying fun and yummy fillers for the omelettes…otherwise, this could get really expensive.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]