Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The most amazing thing I didn’t see last night on The Amazing Race
That would be Colin and Christie getting eliminated, like they rightly should have been. What’s up with the show bucking tradition and making the last episode before the finale non-elimination, thereby sending four teams to the finale instead of three? I was so prepared for that sweet release (the likes of which haven’t been seen since Alison and Donny were eliminated), and it never came. In fact, when Phil started in with, “I’m pleased to tell you…” I actually screamed, “Noooooo!” at my television. (I do that a lot, though, so it’s really not that odd. But I was pissed.)

I really shouldn’t have been, though, because Colin and Christie did provide us this week with several of the most amazing things that actually happened on last night’s Amazing Race. I can’t decide if my favorite moment was when Colin cried with despair, “My ox is broken!” or when a desperate Christie instructed her cab driver to just run the pedestrians over, adding, “They’re not important!” I think it’s the former, because the latter is just frightening. (I know these two are all about flouting the law and everything, but there’s a big difference between failing to pay a cab driver and mowing down a bunch of pedestrians. Man, I hope The Amazing Race never comes through town when I’m out for a walk.)

The apocalypse is upon us
Or at least you’d think it was, based on the degree to which people are freaking out about the impending arrival of Hurricane Ivan. My office has already cancelled work for tomorrow, and they’re letting us off early this afternoon so we can go to the store and buy the necessary provisions (providing that there’s actually something left on the grocery store shelves at this point). It’s times like these that I feel that Dave’s SPAM cookbook might come in handy.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]