Friday, September 17, 2004

I will survive
Well, I made it through my first hurricane. Actually, by the time it reached us yesterday, it had been downgraded to a “tropical storm,” and it didn’t seem that much worse than some of the other bad storms we’ve had in recent months. It certainly wasn’t as apocalyptic (at least not for me) as the media would have you believe. One of my windows was leaking, which was annoying, and my power was out, which was super-annoying, as I had hoped to use my day off to watch some of the movies I checked out from the library last weekend. Instead, I spent the day knitting and listening to NPR/classical music (apparently, the loss of power is enough to turn me into an 80-year-old woman) and eating chips with E-Z cheese (my hurricane food of choice). Incidentally, when I was at the store Wednesday night stocking up on non-perishable food, I was surprised to find that the E-Z cheese display was still almost completely full. How else do people think they’re going to get calcium during natural disasters?! (And before you say that E-Z cheese is not real cheese, let me assure you that it is—I checked. And it even says on the can that it’s a good source of calcium. So there.) Now that the hurricane/tropical storm is over, my power is back on, the window has stopped leaking, and I had to go back to work. But I still have some E-Z cheese left!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]