Wednesday, July 28, 2004
The most amazing thing I saw last night on The Amazing Race
For once, it's not about Mirna. (Although it really could be, with her completely ludicrous statement that Collin is a criminal. A criminal! Intense and freaky, yes. But criminal? Hardly. This is just great. Not only has Mirna decreed it morally reprehensible to treat this race like...um, a race, she's now actually made it into a crime. My GOD.)
Hey, speaking of God, let's take a quick break in the Mirna tirade to actually talk about the most amazing thing on last night's episode of The Amazing Race, which would be the second consecutive Completely Hilarious Brandon and Nicole Religious Moment. (You know, when this show is over, those two should really consider doing a program on TBN called "The Brandon and Nicole Religious Moment.") I didn't mention last week's Brandon and Nicole Religious Moment because...well, I kind of missed it. But oh, I saw this one. And oh, it was awesome. This week's Religious Moment consisted of Brandon and Nicole on the phones, trying to "screw" (a debatable point of view that we'll debate later) their alliance by booking an earlier flight. Mid-"screw," the cameraman pans over to a bunch of nuns coming down an escalator, accompanied by the traditional church-choir "Ahhhhh!" sound effect. Quite the hilarious juxtaposition--but the thing is, I don't believe Brandon and Nicole were actually doing anything wrong. I'm sure Mirna wouldn't agree with me, of course, because what they were doing was treating this like a race. Marshall and Lance, somewhat ironically, also seemed to take the Mirna point of view on this one. In fact, only Kim seemed to be able to comprehend the whole race concept when she said, "I can't be mad at them. They're just playing the game." Good job, Kim! Now can you explain it to the others?
For once, it's not about Mirna. (Although it really could be, with her completely ludicrous statement that Collin is a criminal. A criminal! Intense and freaky, yes. But criminal? Hardly. This is just great. Not only has Mirna decreed it morally reprehensible to treat this race like...um, a race, she's now actually made it into a crime. My GOD.)
Hey, speaking of God, let's take a quick break in the Mirna tirade to actually talk about the most amazing thing on last night's episode of The Amazing Race, which would be the second consecutive Completely Hilarious Brandon and Nicole Religious Moment. (You know, when this show is over, those two should really consider doing a program on TBN called "The Brandon and Nicole Religious Moment.") I didn't mention last week's Brandon and Nicole Religious Moment because...well, I kind of missed it. But oh, I saw this one. And oh, it was awesome. This week's Religious Moment consisted of Brandon and Nicole on the phones, trying to "screw" (a debatable point of view that we'll debate later) their alliance by booking an earlier flight. Mid-"screw," the cameraman pans over to a bunch of nuns coming down an escalator, accompanied by the traditional church-choir "Ahhhhh!" sound effect. Quite the hilarious juxtaposition--but the thing is, I don't believe Brandon and Nicole were actually doing anything wrong. I'm sure Mirna wouldn't agree with me, of course, because what they were doing was treating this like a race. Marshall and Lance, somewhat ironically, also seemed to take the Mirna point of view on this one. In fact, only Kim seemed to be able to comprehend the whole race concept when she said, "I can't be mad at them. They're just playing the game." Good job, Kim! Now can you explain it to the others?
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]