Saturday, July 31, 2004

How much more proof do you need?

The other night, I was talking with Kate on the phone when she happened to mention that her brother had recently visited the mythical Delaware. Naturally, my first question was, "Did he get any pictures?" As a resident of Texas, Kate's brother is not technically part of the conspiracy and would be able to provide satisfactory photographic evidence of Delaware's existence. Sadly, Kate reported that he did not bring any pictures home. The conspiracy must have gotten to him before I could.

However, she did share with me his one lasting impression of Delaware: "He said there were a lot of Sbarros." I was very intrigued by this. "Do you mean free-standing Sbarros?" I asked incredulously. Kate revealed that this is indeed what she meant. Free-standing Sbarros. It boggles the mind. I mean, have you ever seen a free-standing Sbarro, independent of a mall or airport food court? No, I didn't think so. And do you know why? Because they don't exist. Just like Delaware.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]