Thursday, May 06, 2004
A new force to be reckoned with
Poor Jennifer Hudson. She was so bitter about being voted off American Idol before her time that she invaded the body of George Huff, made him do the ridiculous bug-eyed facial expressions, then caused him to get voted off before his time. We at The Alliance were so consumed with fighting the dark powers of Carmen Rasmusen that we never even saw Jennifer developing dark powers of her own! But at least she was smart and didn't try to mess with our plan to put LaToya in the top spot. LaToya had better squint through her entire performance next week, or else The Alliance is going to have to start getting tough!
I've cried a thousand oceans
So I completely bawled through the last 10 minutes of The O.C. last night. I think there's something wrong with me. This does not bode well for the big Friends event tonight. If I cried that hard over the season finale of a show I just started loving a couple of months ago, I don't even want to know what's going to happen during the series finale of a show I've loved (for better or worse) for the past 10 years. (OK, nine years, if you subtract the first season, during which I was obsessed with My So-Called Life.) I think perhaps I should invest in an economy-sized box of Kleenex.
The song that was played during the last scene of The O.C. is now my new favorite song. The only problem is, I have no idea what it's called or who sings it. And the one person who could probably tell me is also the one person who probably doesn't watch The O.C. But that's why we have Google.
UPDATE: The song is Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah," covered by Jeff Buckley. Now I understand why I liked it so much. I love Leonard Cohen, especially when covered by other artists (e.g. Tori Amos's version of "Famous Blue Raincoat") because I think Leonard Cohen himself has kind of a scary voice. But God, his songs make me cry. Let's hope they don't play any Leonard Cohen covers on Friends tonight, or I could really be in danger.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Rachel cried, too. And even though I don't know her (which seems impossible, considering that many of the people I just introduced you to happen to be friends with her), it makes me feel a little better.
SOME MORE UPDATING: There's nothing wrong with me. Or Rachel. It's the Leonard Cohen/Jeff Buckley one-two punch. People are powerless to resist it, obviously. Unless they, like Caleb, have a piece of coal where their hearts should be.
Poor Jennifer Hudson. She was so bitter about being voted off American Idol before her time that she invaded the body of George Huff, made him do the ridiculous bug-eyed facial expressions, then caused him to get voted off before his time. We at The Alliance were so consumed with fighting the dark powers of Carmen Rasmusen that we never even saw Jennifer developing dark powers of her own! But at least she was smart and didn't try to mess with our plan to put LaToya in the top spot. LaToya had better squint through her entire performance next week, or else The Alliance is going to have to start getting tough!
I've cried a thousand oceans
So I completely bawled through the last 10 minutes of The O.C. last night. I think there's something wrong with me. This does not bode well for the big Friends event tonight. If I cried that hard over the season finale of a show I just started loving a couple of months ago, I don't even want to know what's going to happen during the series finale of a show I've loved (for better or worse) for the past 10 years. (OK, nine years, if you subtract the first season, during which I was obsessed with My So-Called Life.) I think perhaps I should invest in an economy-sized box of Kleenex.
The song that was played during the last scene of The O.C. is now my new favorite song. The only problem is, I have no idea what it's called or who sings it. And the one person who could probably tell me is also the one person who probably doesn't watch The O.C. But that's why we have Google.
UPDATE: The song is Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah," covered by Jeff Buckley. Now I understand why I liked it so much. I love Leonard Cohen, especially when covered by other artists (e.g. Tori Amos's version of "Famous Blue Raincoat") because I think Leonard Cohen himself has kind of a scary voice. But God, his songs make me cry. Let's hope they don't play any Leonard Cohen covers on Friends tonight, or I could really be in danger.
ANOTHER UPDATE: Rachel cried, too. And even though I don't know her (which seems impossible, considering that many of the people I just introduced you to happen to be friends with her), it makes me feel a little better.
SOME MORE UPDATING: There's nothing wrong with me. Or Rachel. It's the Leonard Cohen/Jeff Buckley one-two punch. People are powerless to resist it, obviously. Unless they, like Caleb, have a piece of coal where their hearts should be.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]