Wednesday, May 05, 2004

I've got you under my skin (and not in a good way)
Oh no! George Huff has become possessed with the soul of Jennifer Hudson!! How else can one explain his sudden insistence on using Jennifer's trademark bug-eyed expression while singing?

So. Like my Alliance partner, I hate big band night. But it's not because I hate big band music--in fact, it's just the opposite. I love big band music (particularly Frank Sinatra, although it's debatable whether he can actually be classified as "big band," but American Idol seems to think so, so we'll just go with it). This is why it's such torture for me to hear these songs murdered by the American Idol finalists. Fortunately, I was able to get through last night relatively unscathed. None of the finalists attempted to tackle any of my favorite Sinatra classics, thank God, although I live in fear that they're saving them all for tonight's group medley. In fact, the only number that really assaulted my sensibilities was George's version of "Cheek to Cheek," but I think that mostly had to do with the aforementioned bug-eyed facial expressions.

Did anyone else notice that, with her green backless shirt, Jasmine appeared to be wearing a regular yellow bra, the back strap of which was clearly visible? What's up with that? Come to think of it, when I saw Mean Girls last weekend, there's this one scene in which Lindsay Lohan is wearing a baby-pink and black strapless dress with a regular (i.e. non-strapless) fuschia bra. Who started this trend of wearing non-matching strappy bras with outfits that clearly call for either a strapless bra or no bra at all? I blame Sarah Jessica Parker. She's generally the culprit of all ill-advised fashion trends. (Which is why I blame her for Ryan Seacrest, too.)

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]