Monday, April 26, 2004
Shock and awe
Friday night, I was finally able to watch my tape of Wednesday-night shows, including the shocking American Idol results show in which Jennifer Hudson was voted off. The fact that I knew Jennifer would be voted off made the show no less shocking. It did, however, make the little trick Ryan played on George seem all that more vile and annoying. Then again, it seems like it would have been vile and annoying in any light, so scratch that.
I must say, I really applaud what the Bush administration is doing to fight terrorism. It's an innovative approach, really. They hire a cheesy songwriter to write some sappy, vaguely patriotic song, then have the American Idol finalists sing a toneless rendition of it, complete with ridiculous choreography, over and over and over until finally the terrorists flee America, screaming, "I can't take it anymore! I surrender! Just please don't make me listen to that song again!" The only flaw I see in this plan is that they may soon drive out some of their fellow Americans as well.
Friday night, I was finally able to watch my tape of Wednesday-night shows, including the shocking American Idol results show in which Jennifer Hudson was voted off. The fact that I knew Jennifer would be voted off made the show no less shocking. It did, however, make the little trick Ryan played on George seem all that more vile and annoying. Then again, it seems like it would have been vile and annoying in any light, so scratch that.
I must say, I really applaud what the Bush administration is doing to fight terrorism. It's an innovative approach, really. They hire a cheesy songwriter to write some sappy, vaguely patriotic song, then have the American Idol finalists sing a toneless rendition of it, complete with ridiculous choreography, over and over and over until finally the terrorists flee America, screaming, "I can't take it anymore! I surrender! Just please don't make me listen to that song again!" The only flaw I see in this plan is that they may soon drive out some of their fellow Americans as well.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]