Saturday, April 10, 2004

I'm in love. His name is Jordan Catalano.
Just as Kristin has gotten me all excited about My So-Called Life again, I come home and find that they're re-playing the series on Nogin (presumably so a whole new generation can fall in love with the show much, much too late). Needless to say, I was beside myself with excitement. Unfortunately, they're only playing one new episode per weekend, and I have to go back to my cable-free existence tomorrow. Boo!

This weekend, the episode they showed was the one with Rickie and the gun and the rumor about Angela and Jordan having sex. Initially I was disappointed because this episode isn't one of my favorites. But I soon realized that it's the one with my favorite Angela quote from the whole series ("It's such a lie that you should do what's in your heart. If we all did what was in our hearts, the world would grind to a halt."), which I actually wrote in the cover of one of my notebooks. It also contains what I felt were some of the more poignant truths of the show, like Rayanne's mom's explanation of how some people are in black and white and some people are in color, and Angela's observation of how sometimes something bad has to happen to show you how you really feel about a person. Plus, there was that delicious scene in the hallway where Jordan is whispering to Angela about the rumor. Mmmm…Jordan.

There was one thing that bothered me while watching the show again for the first time since high school. Did we really used to dress like that? We did, I know, because I actually bought a plaid babydoll dress specifically because it looked like something Angela Chase would wear. My mom would never let me wear it with boots, though, like Angela did. She wouldn't let me dye my hair red, either. My mom was so Patty Chase.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]