Wednesday, April 21, 2004
His name was Seacrest, he was a fame whore
Oh, American Idol producers! What are you trying to do to me? Barry Manilow night? It's like you want me to mock you.
Thankfully, no one screwed up my favorite Barry Manilow song ("Copa Cabana") last night. I can't believe I actually just admitted that I have a favorite Barry Manilow song. But in all fairness, until last night, it was the only Barry Manilow song I knew. Well, that's not technically true. I did know "Mandy," but only because it was in Can't Hardly Wait. Oh God, now I've just admitted to knowing a Barry Manilow song only because it was prominently featured in a Jennifer Love Hewitt movie. Will this vicious cycle of shame never end?
Hey, speaking of vicious cycles of shame...Ryan Seacrest appears to be taking some baby steps on the long, slow journey out of the closet. Is it just me, or is he sounding more and more resigned each time he treats us to another "Seacrest out"? Combined with his unabashed on-air flirtation with Simon, I can only read it as a desperate attempt to free himself from the lie he's been living (not all that well, frankly) and fully embrace his complete and utter homosexuality at last. Will this year's finale feature a skit of Simon making out with Ryan? Uh...I hope not, although it would be better than having to see Simon's awkward kiss with Paula again. It would also be much, much better than seeing him make out with Randy.
After weeks of begging and pleading on the part of The Alliance, America might finally be relieved of John Stevens tonight. Last night, John received the kiss of death when Simon compared him to Laurel from Laurel & Hardy. We all know what happened the last time Simon compared one of the contestants to a famous comedian. I'm just saying.
Totally unrelated: Pictures from D.C. are now up. Apologies for the delay.
Oh, American Idol producers! What are you trying to do to me? Barry Manilow night? It's like you want me to mock you.
Thankfully, no one screwed up my favorite Barry Manilow song ("Copa Cabana") last night. I can't believe I actually just admitted that I have a favorite Barry Manilow song. But in all fairness, until last night, it was the only Barry Manilow song I knew. Well, that's not technically true. I did know "Mandy," but only because it was in Can't Hardly Wait. Oh God, now I've just admitted to knowing a Barry Manilow song only because it was prominently featured in a Jennifer Love Hewitt movie. Will this vicious cycle of shame never end?
Hey, speaking of vicious cycles of shame...Ryan Seacrest appears to be taking some baby steps on the long, slow journey out of the closet. Is it just me, or is he sounding more and more resigned each time he treats us to another "Seacrest out"? Combined with his unabashed on-air flirtation with Simon, I can only read it as a desperate attempt to free himself from the lie he's been living (not all that well, frankly) and fully embrace his complete and utter homosexuality at last. Will this year's finale feature a skit of Simon making out with Ryan? Uh...I hope not, although it would be better than having to see Simon's awkward kiss with Paula again. It would also be much, much better than seeing him make out with Randy.
After weeks of begging and pleading on the part of The Alliance, America might finally be relieved of John Stevens tonight. Last night, John received the kiss of death when Simon compared him to Laurel from Laurel & Hardy. We all know what happened the last time Simon compared one of the contestants to a famous comedian. I'm just saying.
Totally unrelated: Pictures from D.C. are now up. Apologies for the delay.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]