Sunday, April 18, 2004

The conspiracy thickens
This weekend, I am in D.C. visiting my former roomie, Diana. While in D.C., it was my intent to accompany Dave to this purported "Delaware" so he can prove to me that it does actually exist. I have to be back in Norfolk tomorrow, so the plan was for Dave and I to go to Delaware this afternoon.

But it seems I underestimated the power of the conspiracy, as well as the fact that my dear roommate is now part of it. Diana developed quite the elaborate plan to keep me from going to Delaware, keeping me up until all hours of the night so I would be too tired to go to anywhere the next day. She did this by:

a) Taking me out and bringing some of her D.C. friends (also part of the conspiracy, obviously) along to ply me with beer,
b) Arranging for a funny and interesting Czechoslovakian architect to chat us up so we would want to stay out later talking to him,
c) Getting "lost" on the way home, thereby delaying what was at that point much-needed sleep, and
d) Driving me past a bunch of really impressive monuments and stuff on the theory that it would make me want to stay longer in D.C.

In addition, Diana (and the Czechoslovakian architect) repeatedly questioned me about why I wanted to go to Delaware and seemed quite unsatisfied with the answer I gave. (The reason is twofold: 1) To see for myself if Delaware does in fact exist, and 2) If it does exist, to cross it off my list of states I have to visit by the time I'm 30.)

I find it very strange that everyone in D.C. insists that Delaware exists while at the same time insisting that I don't want to go there. If that's not proof of some sort of massive cover-up, I don't know what is. I will get to the bottom of this! Stay tuned, dear readers, for more on this puzzling mystery.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]