Friday, January 02, 2004
Very bad start to the year
They say how you spend New Year's Eve is an indication of how the rest of your year will go. (And by "they," I mean some character on the last episode of The O.C.)
I spent my New Year's Eve eating too much spinach dip and drinking too much wine and then throwing up in my friend Terri's sink, thereby breaking my 11-year no-vomiting streak. Not a good sign.
Of course, New Year's Eve was far better than Christmas Eve, which I celebrated by accidentally setting my hair on fire at the candlelight Christmas Eve service. Most people set their hair on fire at rock concerts or similar, but not me. No, I set my hair on fire at church, much to the glee of my sister (who was allowed to laugh at me as freely and as often as she wished without being reprimanded by our parents--who were also laughing hysterically--since I didn't technically hurt myself).
So, to recap:
December 24, 2003: Set hair on fire
December 31, 2003: Threw up (partially in hair)
All in all, not a good holiday season for my hair. I'm thinking 2004 might be a good year to consider cutting it short again.
They say how you spend New Year's Eve is an indication of how the rest of your year will go. (And by "they," I mean some character on the last episode of The O.C.)
I spent my New Year's Eve eating too much spinach dip and drinking too much wine and then throwing up in my friend Terri's sink, thereby breaking my 11-year no-vomiting streak. Not a good sign.
Of course, New Year's Eve was far better than Christmas Eve, which I celebrated by accidentally setting my hair on fire at the candlelight Christmas Eve service. Most people set their hair on fire at rock concerts or similar, but not me. No, I set my hair on fire at church, much to the glee of my sister (who was allowed to laugh at me as freely and as often as she wished without being reprimanded by our parents--who were also laughing hysterically--since I didn't technically hurt myself).
So, to recap:
December 24, 2003: Set hair on fire
December 31, 2003: Threw up (partially in hair)
All in all, not a good holiday season for my hair. I'm thinking 2004 might be a good year to consider cutting it short again.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]