Wednesday, January 21, 2004
This is gold
I have just had the most brilliant idea. Someone (meaning me, when I quit my day job to become a reality-TV producer) should make the presidential election into a reality show. Think about it--it would be a great way to increase voter turnout, especially among young people!
Each episode, presidential hopefuls would be given a task to complete. ("This week, your job will be to...reform America's health-care system!") At the end of the episode, the candidates' performance would be compared (naturally, you'd have to have the requisite marginally qualified, bluntly harsh judges to weigh in their opinions), and America would call in and vote for the person they like best. The person with the lowest number of votes would be eliminated each week, until we're left with one person who would ulitimately become president and be sworn in on the show.
It's perfect! Now there's just the problem of what to call it. America's Next Top President? Or maybe just The President? Ooh, wait, I know! Joe President!!
I have just had the most brilliant idea. Someone (meaning me, when I quit my day job to become a reality-TV producer) should make the presidential election into a reality show. Think about it--it would be a great way to increase voter turnout, especially among young people!
Each episode, presidential hopefuls would be given a task to complete. ("This week, your job will be to...reform America's health-care system!") At the end of the episode, the candidates' performance would be compared (naturally, you'd have to have the requisite marginally qualified, bluntly harsh judges to weigh in their opinions), and America would call in and vote for the person they like best. The person with the lowest number of votes would be eliminated each week, until we're left with one person who would ulitimately become president and be sworn in on the show.
It's perfect! Now there's just the problem of what to call it. America's Next Top President? Or maybe just The President? Ooh, wait, I know! Joe President!!
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]