Monday, January 26, 2004

The bright spot in an otherwise bleak month
Thank God the Golden Globes are in January. Otherwise, I don't know how I'd get through this God-awful month. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I LOVE the Golden Globes. Love 'em. Some people like to criticize the Golden Globes as a "fluff" awards show, one that doesn't really matter. My opinion? None of these awards shows really matter. I mean, they're awards for making movies, not the Nobel freaking Peace Prize. Who cares? I applaud the Golden Globes for not taking itself so seriously. So what if they gave Madonna one a few years back? It's not like the world stopped turning on its axis because of it.

Anyway. That said, here are my thoughts (mostly fashion-related, which is, after all, what these things are all about) on the show:

-Nicole Kidman looked like absolute crap. That outfit was proof that just because you're Nicole Kidman, it doesn't mean you can wear anything you want. Come on, Nicole! I expect better from you!

-Speaking of Nicole, was anyone else hoping Tom Cruise would get the best actor award just so we could see what would happen when Nicole had to hand him the statue? I know the people filming the show were, judging by the copious amount of Tom shots during Nicole's announcement of the nominees.

-Renee Zellweger was absolutely bootylicious. I think she looks awesome with the extra Bridget Jones weight. Too bad she'll probably down to her regular toothpick size by the Oscars.

-Brittany Murphy looked uncharacteristically glamorous. Of course, she's still annoying as hell, but nice dress!

-For the love of God, someone please give Al Pacino a haircut!

-With her hair up and in a slinky, V-neck satin dress, Cate Blanchett looked remarkably like Courtney Love during her Versace glamour-queen phase.

-Jennifer Aniston and Mary-Louise Parker have a very good relationship with some double-stick tape.

-Whoa, Amber Tamblyn, ease up on the red lipstick!

-Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins looked fabulous and younger than ever. They're so cute.

-I want to be Sofia Coppola even more now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]