Monday, July 28, 2003

Monday blues
It's not even lunch yet, and already:

-I overslept this morning by 30 minutes because I set both of my alarms for the same time and not in 15-minute increments like they're supposed to be. (But I still made it to work only 5 minutes late...woo hoo!)
-I managed to, without realizing it, get a paper cut on my finger.
-I found out that our art director quit last Friday...and we just happen to have two issues (not to mention media kits) going into production in the next week or so.

On the plus side, though, I found a fun new reality show last night. It's on ABC Family, and it's called Perfect Match. The premise of the show is that 25 single women (eventually, I fear that they're going to deplete the stock of 25 single women) audition before a panel composed of two of the lucky bachelor/bachelorette's friends and a relationship counselor. The panel then picks three people, each of whom will move into the lucky bachelor/bachelorette's apartment for a week. Then at the end of the show, the lucky bachelor/bachelorette gets to pick which person they want to continue dating. So basically, it's an amalgamation of every single reality dating show out there...only the whole saga plays out in just an hour, and the next episode, they start over with someone else. I like that.

My parents also have a new favorite reality show--Monster House, on the Discovery Channel. Apparently it is a decorating show similar to Trading Spaces, only they decorate each house with its own theme (castle, tropical, etc.). I'm confused about where the whole "monster" moniker comes into play, though. Maybe the houses are really big? I don't know.

Anyway, my parents are completely obsessed with this show. It's all they ever talk about! Every time I call, all they can say is, "Did you watch Monster House yet? Did you watch Monster House yet?" Yesterday during our weekly Sunday phone call, they informed me that there was going to be a Monster House marathon tonight on the Discovery Channel. They would not let me off the phone until I promised to put a Post-It note on my TV screen to remind myself to watch it. So tonight, apparently, I will be watching Monster House. Oh, and the finale of Surf Girls! Thank God I got my free cable back.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]