Saturday, July 26, 2003

The day the cable came back from the dead
When I got home from work yesterday afternoon, I turned on the TV to find that my free cable was back. So apparently it was just a routine cable outtage and not the life-altering trauma I took it to be. Still, I've decided that I'm going to keep the antenna just in case such a situation should arise again in the future. Because it's not like I can call the cable company and say, "Hey, the cable I'm not paying for is out! You need to fix it!"

Of course, there was still one unfortunate side effect of the whole cable-outtage drama, which was that I didn't get to tape my two daily episodes of Dawson's Creek from TBS yesterday. They re-ran one of the two this morning, so I was able to get it on tape, but I'll have to wait until the next rotation to see episode 517: "Highway to Hell." I just have a sinking feeling that this episode is going to be my new Moby Dick of WB melodramas, since in two weeks, barring any more cable outtages or other natural disasters, I will finally get to see Felicity episode 48: "Hello, I Must Be Going" (or, as I like to call it, "The one where Julie goes apeshit and leaves the show"). Yeah, so much for getting a life.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]