Wednesday, May 21, 2003
A few thoughts on American Idol
If they're going to force Ruben and Clay to sing Beatles songs, they should make them sing "Why Don't We Do It in the Road." Over and over again. For an hour. Now that would be compelling television.
The local Fox news channel does a feature on Ruben every night that American Idol is on, and most of these features seem to revolve around old pictures of Ruben. Last week, they showed pictures of him in high school. This week, they showed pictures of him as a baby/small child. It's a good thing the competition ends tonight, or next week we'd be watching "Ruben Studdard: The Most Talented Fetus in the World."
I forgot to vote. Oops. But I did wear my 205 shirt.
If they're going to force Ruben and Clay to sing Beatles songs, they should make them sing "Why Don't We Do It in the Road." Over and over again. For an hour. Now that would be compelling television.
The local Fox news channel does a feature on Ruben every night that American Idol is on, and most of these features seem to revolve around old pictures of Ruben. Last week, they showed pictures of him in high school. This week, they showed pictures of him as a baby/small child. It's a good thing the competition ends tonight, or next week we'd be watching "Ruben Studdard: The Most Talented Fetus in the World."
I forgot to vote. Oops. But I did wear my 205 shirt.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]