Wednesday, May 14, 2003

And when no hope was left inside on that starry, starry night...
God help us all. Paula has brought back the fedora.

You may not know this, but I am one of only two people in the entire world who like the song "Vincent." The other is my former camp director, who used to sing the song at campfires, hence my reason for liking it (because it reminds me of campfires, not because it reminds me of the camp director, whom I didn't particularly care for). Oh, and I guess Don McLean probably likes the song, too, since he wrote it and everything. So I am one of three people in the entire world who like the song "Vincent."

However, listening to Clay sing a song I actually like just highlighted everything I don't like about him. Specifically, that there is no emotion--just show--in everything he sings. Not that there's much emotion in any Idol contestant, mind you. In fact, the entire show is built on the premise that singing loud with enough vibrato equals real emotion, which it doesn't. Which is why I start to get really tired of it around this point every season. Once we get to the point where someone has to actually be crowned "American Idol," it becomes really apparent to me that no one who has ever tried out for this competition is deserving of that title.

Consequently, I spent the majority of the show leafing through my new issue of Glamour. Did you know that duct tape can be used to remove warts? Now this is information I can use.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]