Tuesday, April 22, 2003
The Monica Lewinsky jokes are just too easy
I cannot believe Jennifer Garner dumped Scott Foley so she could search for love on Mr. Personality. Oh, wait...that's not her, just a very good impersonator. Well, at least we know if the whole "true love" thing doesn't pan out (and I'm sure it will, given the successful matches that have been made by reality-TV dating shows thus far), Hayley can find work as Jen's stunt double.
You know, you'd think on a show entitled Mr. Personality, in which the contestants are forced to wear scary-ass masks covering their faces, people would stop suggesting that looks are the most important quality to look for in a potential lifelong mate. But try telling that to Mr. Promo Guy. I mean, every freaking commercial break, he was there going, "Will there be any good-looking guys left??" Because obviously if there weren't, it would be a life-altering tragedy beyond belief.
I really don't understand what Fox is trying to do with this show. My guess, from what I've seen in the promos, is that they're hoping Hayley will pick one of the "ugly" guys and, when he unmasks himself, greet him with a mixture of shock and revulsion and then refuse to ever have anything to do with him again. But this is not going to happen for several reasons: 1) Hayley seems to only have one facial expression (wide-eyed surprise). 2) The "ugly" guys aren't even that ugly. 3) I really don't believe that most people (girls in particular) are so shallow that they would dump someone they've gotten to know and like just because they don't have a perfect chiseled face, and especially on national TV. I mean, even if Hayley were that shallow, I believe she's at least smart enough to wait and do it after the show is over, rather than making herself look like an ass by doing it on TV. Still, I think a girl would be more likely to dump a good-looking guy that she later discovered had no personality than she would be to dump a guy with a great personality that she later found out wasn't drop-dead gorgeous. If Fox really wants to prove that looks aren't everything, that's the show they should be doing. They should make a girl choose a guy only based on looks, and then reveal his sub-par personality. And then we'll see if she stays with him. They could call it Mr. Dumb Pretty Boy! And it could star Ryan Seacrest!
Speaking of which, here's what I learned from last night's episode of American "We're Mostly Filler and Damn Proud of It" Idol: It takes two hours to do both K-Locke's and Clay's hair. Ruben likes to get manis and pedis. K-Locke likes to flirt with Ryan, for some reason unbeknownst to all of us. Carmen may or may not be dating Clay. Ruben's hand is as big as Ryan's head. Carmen still sucks. Ryan is still annoying. Some girl wants to marry Clay. (Sorry, honey, I asked first.) So basically, I learned nothing.
Now it's time for The Funniest Things I Read Yesterday.
"Oh no! Michael Jackson has screwed himself up so much that his children were born with pixilated faces! The tragedy of it all!" --from the TWoP recap of American Idol
"Bryan also used to cheat at Scrabble by making up words. I remember this one time, he made up this word and told us it was some chemistry word. Then he went to get his chemistry book to show us. While he was getting his chemistry book, he wrote the (fake) word down in the cover with a fake definition, telling us that Mrs. Shelby said to write it in the cover. So mom allowed it. It was so a made up word, and I maintained that it was, but no one believed me." --Bri, about her brother, who likes to cheat at all games, not just Scrabble
I cannot believe Jennifer Garner dumped Scott Foley so she could search for love on Mr. Personality. Oh, wait...that's not her, just a very good impersonator. Well, at least we know if the whole "true love" thing doesn't pan out (and I'm sure it will, given the successful matches that have been made by reality-TV dating shows thus far), Hayley can find work as Jen's stunt double.
You know, you'd think on a show entitled Mr. Personality, in which the contestants are forced to wear scary-ass masks covering their faces, people would stop suggesting that looks are the most important quality to look for in a potential lifelong mate. But try telling that to Mr. Promo Guy. I mean, every freaking commercial break, he was there going, "Will there be any good-looking guys left??" Because obviously if there weren't, it would be a life-altering tragedy beyond belief.
I really don't understand what Fox is trying to do with this show. My guess, from what I've seen in the promos, is that they're hoping Hayley will pick one of the "ugly" guys and, when he unmasks himself, greet him with a mixture of shock and revulsion and then refuse to ever have anything to do with him again. But this is not going to happen for several reasons: 1) Hayley seems to only have one facial expression (wide-eyed surprise). 2) The "ugly" guys aren't even that ugly. 3) I really don't believe that most people (girls in particular) are so shallow that they would dump someone they've gotten to know and like just because they don't have a perfect chiseled face, and especially on national TV. I mean, even if Hayley were that shallow, I believe she's at least smart enough to wait and do it after the show is over, rather than making herself look like an ass by doing it on TV. Still, I think a girl would be more likely to dump a good-looking guy that she later discovered had no personality than she would be to dump a guy with a great personality that she later found out wasn't drop-dead gorgeous. If Fox really wants to prove that looks aren't everything, that's the show they should be doing. They should make a girl choose a guy only based on looks, and then reveal his sub-par personality. And then we'll see if she stays with him. They could call it Mr. Dumb Pretty Boy! And it could star Ryan Seacrest!
Speaking of which, here's what I learned from last night's episode of American "We're Mostly Filler and Damn Proud of It" Idol: It takes two hours to do both K-Locke's and Clay's hair. Ruben likes to get manis and pedis. K-Locke likes to flirt with Ryan, for some reason unbeknownst to all of us. Carmen may or may not be dating Clay. Ruben's hand is as big as Ryan's head. Carmen still sucks. Ryan is still annoying. Some girl wants to marry Clay. (Sorry, honey, I asked first.) So basically, I learned nothing.
Now it's time for The Funniest Things I Read Yesterday.
"Oh no! Michael Jackson has screwed himself up so much that his children were born with pixilated faces! The tragedy of it all!" --from the TWoP recap of American Idol
"Bryan also used to cheat at Scrabble by making up words. I remember this one time, he made up this word and told us it was some chemistry word. Then he went to get his chemistry book to show us. While he was getting his chemistry book, he wrote the (fake) word down in the cover with a fake definition, telling us that Mrs. Shelby said to write it in the cover. So mom allowed it. It was so a made up word, and I maintained that it was, but no one believed me." --Bri, about her brother, who likes to cheat at all games, not just Scrabble
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]