Tuesday, April 22, 2003
In my mind, I'm going to Carolina...
The full takeover of my work area by the Loudies has begun. They spent the morning moving their Nascar paraphernalia over to the desk across from mine. Fortunately, I was fully prepared for this, and last night I went to Target and bought the cheapest discman money can buy ($17.99, baby!), which I intend to keep at my desk at all times in order to drown them out. If I'm being forced to suffer this monumental injustice, I can at least do it while listening to James Taylor.
Speaking of which, listening to his Greatest Hits CD on the discman has highlighted yet another lyrical mistake in my long, long list of misheard lyrics.
Actual lyric: "Go away, then damn you/Go on and do as you please"
Lyric sung by me: "Go away, Jim Daniels/Go on and do as you please"
Who did I think this Jim Daniels was? Well, part of me didn't wonder because there are a lot of James Taylor lyrics that include seemingly random names (e.g. "Karen she's a silver sun" or "Suzanne the plans they made put an end to you"). However, I also wondered if perhaps "Jim Daniels" was a potent cocktail made from Jack Daniel's and Jim Beam. I sure as hell wouldn't want to drink such a thing, but it seemed a sort of fitting concotion for your average James Taylor song.
The full takeover of my work area by the Loudies has begun. They spent the morning moving their Nascar paraphernalia over to the desk across from mine. Fortunately, I was fully prepared for this, and last night I went to Target and bought the cheapest discman money can buy ($17.99, baby!), which I intend to keep at my desk at all times in order to drown them out. If I'm being forced to suffer this monumental injustice, I can at least do it while listening to James Taylor.
Speaking of which, listening to his Greatest Hits CD on the discman has highlighted yet another lyrical mistake in my long, long list of misheard lyrics.
Actual lyric: "Go away, then damn you/Go on and do as you please"
Lyric sung by me: "Go away, Jim Daniels/Go on and do as you please"
Who did I think this Jim Daniels was? Well, part of me didn't wonder because there are a lot of James Taylor lyrics that include seemingly random names (e.g. "Karen she's a silver sun" or "Suzanne the plans they made put an end to you"). However, I also wondered if perhaps "Jim Daniels" was a potent cocktail made from Jack Daniel's and Jim Beam. I sure as hell wouldn't want to drink such a thing, but it seemed a sort of fitting concotion for your average James Taylor song.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]