Thursday, April 03, 2003
Behold the power of the blog
Most of you are probably aware, unless you have been living in a bag, of the powerful alliance that has formed between this blog and the blog of one Cynical Tyrant for the sole purpose of eliminating American Idol contestants that we deem annoying. Last week, we were successful in ridding the world of Julia DeMato. This week, we were able to get Corey Clark kicked off the show through the power of persuasion alone.
Those of you didn't switch over to The Bachelor or The West Wing (does anyone still watch that, really?) last night know that although Trenyce (shock!), Kimberley L. (shock!) and Carmen (delight!) were in the bottom three, no one was eliminated. Lest you think for a minute that the alliance between the Tyrant and myself has faltered, I am here to assure you that it has not. Remember, our target for this week was Corey, who was successfully eliminated. After we found out about Corey's fate on Tuesday, the Tyrant quickly selected Carmen as the next target. I, on the other hand, was a bit more reserved. I was confused as to how the whole thing would play out (would there even be an elimination, I wondered), and it didn't help matters that Bri, my usually calm and rational strategist, was e-mailing me every five minutes going, "What if they bring back Julia DeMato?? What if it's all an April Fool's prank??"
Our camp, as you can see, was in a quandry. It was too late to develop a new strategy, especially considering that we didn't have all the facts in front of us. Plus, was the powerful blog alliance powerful enough to eliminate two contestants in one week? I did not know. Therefore, although I agreed with the Tyrant, I did not target Carmen publicly on my blog. The power only works, of course, if both blogs present a united front against a contestant, and this time, we did not. Therefore, although Carmen came very close to being eliminated (there is no doubt in my mind that she would be gone if they'd decided to do an elimination show), she ultimately is safe...for now. I apologize, America, that you have to endure another week of Carmen's "machine-gun vibrato" (Bri's phrase). Make no mistake about it, though: Next week, she's going down. All the toll-free dialing Mormons in the country are no match for the powerful blog alliance! Mwaaahahahahaha!
Anyway. The alliance with the Tyrant so far only extends to American Idol, and so my blog's control over my other Wednesday-night reality shows has been spotty at best.
The Bachelor seemed to be a success. I told the girls that if they said stupid stuff like, "What I look for in a husband is cute dimples," they would be packing their bags. Sure enough, last night, Stephanie comes out with, "Andrew is everything I'm looking for in a husband--he's tall, and he has dark hair and blue eyes." Did Stephanie get a rose last night? I don't think so.
Fraternity and Sorority Life seem to be getting mixed messages, from what I've seen on the previews for next week. Brooke, you are supposed to depledge, but not so soon! And Earl, you're supposed to hook up with Maggie, not a stripper. The whole getting-laid-and-becoming-less-annoying plan doesn't work if it's just you. I'll take what I can get, though.
Quotes of the Night
I couldn't pick just one.
From The Bachelor:
Christina: "You shoot birds?!"
Andrew: "Well, um...only the ugly ones."
(Did anyone else think this was a metaphor?)
From Fraternity Life (I'm not sure who said what, exactly):
Tim/Alex/Steve: "They're painting our bricks!"
Alex/Steve/Tim (slightly whiny): "Dude, why don't we get to paint stuff?"
Most of you are probably aware, unless you have been living in a bag, of the powerful alliance that has formed between this blog and the blog of one Cynical Tyrant for the sole purpose of eliminating American Idol contestants that we deem annoying. Last week, we were successful in ridding the world of Julia DeMato. This week, we were able to get Corey Clark kicked off the show through the power of persuasion alone.
Those of you didn't switch over to The Bachelor or The West Wing (does anyone still watch that, really?) last night know that although Trenyce (shock!), Kimberley L. (shock!) and Carmen (delight!) were in the bottom three, no one was eliminated. Lest you think for a minute that the alliance between the Tyrant and myself has faltered, I am here to assure you that it has not. Remember, our target for this week was Corey, who was successfully eliminated. After we found out about Corey's fate on Tuesday, the Tyrant quickly selected Carmen as the next target. I, on the other hand, was a bit more reserved. I was confused as to how the whole thing would play out (would there even be an elimination, I wondered), and it didn't help matters that Bri, my usually calm and rational strategist, was e-mailing me every five minutes going, "What if they bring back Julia DeMato?? What if it's all an April Fool's prank??"
Our camp, as you can see, was in a quandry. It was too late to develop a new strategy, especially considering that we didn't have all the facts in front of us. Plus, was the powerful blog alliance powerful enough to eliminate two contestants in one week? I did not know. Therefore, although I agreed with the Tyrant, I did not target Carmen publicly on my blog. The power only works, of course, if both blogs present a united front against a contestant, and this time, we did not. Therefore, although Carmen came very close to being eliminated (there is no doubt in my mind that she would be gone if they'd decided to do an elimination show), she ultimately is safe...for now. I apologize, America, that you have to endure another week of Carmen's "machine-gun vibrato" (Bri's phrase). Make no mistake about it, though: Next week, she's going down. All the toll-free dialing Mormons in the country are no match for the powerful blog alliance! Mwaaahahahahaha!
Anyway. The alliance with the Tyrant so far only extends to American Idol, and so my blog's control over my other Wednesday-night reality shows has been spotty at best.
The Bachelor seemed to be a success. I told the girls that if they said stupid stuff like, "What I look for in a husband is cute dimples," they would be packing their bags. Sure enough, last night, Stephanie comes out with, "Andrew is everything I'm looking for in a husband--he's tall, and he has dark hair and blue eyes." Did Stephanie get a rose last night? I don't think so.
Fraternity and Sorority Life seem to be getting mixed messages, from what I've seen on the previews for next week. Brooke, you are supposed to depledge, but not so soon! And Earl, you're supposed to hook up with Maggie, not a stripper. The whole getting-laid-and-becoming-less-annoying plan doesn't work if it's just you. I'll take what I can get, though.
Quotes of the Night
I couldn't pick just one.
From The Bachelor:
Christina: "You shoot birds?!"
Andrew: "Well, um...only the ugly ones."
(Did anyone else think this was a metaphor?)
From Fraternity Life (I'm not sure who said what, exactly):
Tim/Alex/Steve: "They're painting our bricks!"
Alex/Steve/Tim (slightly whiny): "Dude, why don't we get to paint stuff?"
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]