Saturday, March 22, 2003
Tickled
I don't know what it is, but lately it seems that nearly everything I read or hear strikes me as incredibly funny. Perhaps it's because I've suddenly become more adept at seeking out the type of humor that appeals to me. Perhaps God felt I did not currently have enough humor in my life and has therefore chosen to bombard me with it all at once. Whatever the case, I feel the need to share my sudden wealth of humor with the rest of you. If you deem that these things are in fact not funny, then that will be all the proof I need that you're all delusional.
1. The Cynical Tyrant. This mysterious Tyrant left a message on this blog a few days ago, agreeing with my views on Julia DeMato. I always love people who agree with me, so I decided to check out her blog. I was hooked immediately. At times, I even found myself laughing out loud at work, which probably was not good since I sit within earshot of several people who know I probably should not be doing anything at work that would cause me to laugh out loud. I highly recommend reading this blog in an area where your loud cackles will go unnoticed.
2. David Schwimmer. I have always been incredibly annoyed by David Schwimmer, particularly for the last 5 or so seasons of Friends. However, approximately once a season, he says or does something that is actually really funny. (Unfortunately, for the rest of the season, he does approximately 2,000 things that are just obnoxious or annoying.) Anyway, last night, for some inexplicable reason, last season's Halloween episode was on. In it, Chandler (dressed as a large pink rabbit) challenges Ross (dressed as a potato with a colander and TV antenna on his head) to a fight. Ross says he thinks he can kick Chandler's ass, to which Chandler says, "Prove it!" Ross responds with, "Oh, I'll prove it! I'll prove it like a theorem!" I plan to use this phrase the next time someone issues such a challenge to me.
3. Ed Page's story in Ready Made on how to make a kitten. Unfortunately, there is no link to this story on their Web site, so you'll all have to go out and buy the magazine. Trust me, you won't be sorry you did, because this is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read, with the exception of Dave Barry's graduation address. In the article, Ed offers several tips for making your own kit, including but not limited to the following:
"1) Obtain a full-grown cat.
2) Reverse the flow of time.
3) Wait."
I'm afraid that's all the humor for today, as I am off to get my hair cut and highlighted at a very swank salon. I'm sure when I see my bill, I will laugh harder than I have all week.
I don't know what it is, but lately it seems that nearly everything I read or hear strikes me as incredibly funny. Perhaps it's because I've suddenly become more adept at seeking out the type of humor that appeals to me. Perhaps God felt I did not currently have enough humor in my life and has therefore chosen to bombard me with it all at once. Whatever the case, I feel the need to share my sudden wealth of humor with the rest of you. If you deem that these things are in fact not funny, then that will be all the proof I need that you're all delusional.
1. The Cynical Tyrant. This mysterious Tyrant left a message on this blog a few days ago, agreeing with my views on Julia DeMato. I always love people who agree with me, so I decided to check out her blog. I was hooked immediately. At times, I even found myself laughing out loud at work, which probably was not good since I sit within earshot of several people who know I probably should not be doing anything at work that would cause me to laugh out loud. I highly recommend reading this blog in an area where your loud cackles will go unnoticed.
2. David Schwimmer. I have always been incredibly annoyed by David Schwimmer, particularly for the last 5 or so seasons of Friends. However, approximately once a season, he says or does something that is actually really funny. (Unfortunately, for the rest of the season, he does approximately 2,000 things that are just obnoxious or annoying.) Anyway, last night, for some inexplicable reason, last season's Halloween episode was on. In it, Chandler (dressed as a large pink rabbit) challenges Ross (dressed as a potato with a colander and TV antenna on his head) to a fight. Ross says he thinks he can kick Chandler's ass, to which Chandler says, "Prove it!" Ross responds with, "Oh, I'll prove it! I'll prove it like a theorem!" I plan to use this phrase the next time someone issues such a challenge to me.
3. Ed Page's story in Ready Made on how to make a kitten. Unfortunately, there is no link to this story on their Web site, so you'll all have to go out and buy the magazine. Trust me, you won't be sorry you did, because this is quite possibly the funniest thing I have ever read, with the exception of Dave Barry's graduation address. In the article, Ed offers several tips for making your own kit, including but not limited to the following:
"1) Obtain a full-grown cat.
2) Reverse the flow of time.
3) Wait."
I'm afraid that's all the humor for today, as I am off to get my hair cut and highlighted at a very swank salon. I'm sure when I see my bill, I will laugh harder than I have all week.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]