Monday, March 17, 2003

OAD (Obsessive Acronym Disorder)
So I just put an article up on the Web about text messaging shorthand, which offers such useful acronyms as AAMOF (as a matter of fact) and FWIW (for what it's worth). It was all I could do not to add IAF (intense and freaky), TC (too cool) and IBATTME (it brings a tear to my eye) to the list. By far the worst shorthand offered by this list was WEN (when). That's a difference of one letter! Is WEN vs. when really going to have that much impact on your text message? The only text message I ever tried to send (to my friend Jeff) started something like "So, darling, I was watching The Price Is Right yesterday..." For some reason, it didn't send. Eventually, I gave up on ever actually sending text messages and instead used the text messaging function on my phone to record the Quote of the Day. ("With position and thrusting, you can arise." -Sandy Davidson, March 12, 2001) Anyway, for more fun yet ridiculous text messaging acronyms, click here.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]