Thursday, February 13, 2003
Come again?
Last night on The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All! (not sure if there's supposed to be an exclamation point in the title, but it felt right), an audience member asked Trista if she'd had any luck achieving "the big O" since she'd revealed on the first show that she'd never had one. Trista replied, "Well, you know there are two kinds. I've had the first kind but not the second."
Whoa! Let's back the cart up here. There are two kinds?! In nearly a decade of reading Cosmo, I have obviously managed to skip over something crucial. Which is why this weekend, I plan to gather all my back issues of womens' magazines for an emergency study session.
Speaking of a show where no one ever has an orgasm, ever, I'll admit that my affection for Dawson's Creek has been waning of late. I'll also admit that I still tune into it every week. Old habits are hard to break, I guess. Anyway, I was especially psyched for last night's show, in which Pacey and Joey get locked into a Big K-Mart and are forced to spend the night there. As some of you may know, it has long been a dream of mine to spend the night in a Super Wal-Mart (the kind that's open 24 hours). Shortly after we became roommates, Diana revealed that this was also a dream of hers. Due to circumstances that really don't need to be mentioned, we never managed to achieve this dream during our four years of living together. So you can imagine how excited I was to see Pacey and Joey living out the dream.
I was especially excited when, toward the end of the episode, Joey told Pacey that this had always been a dream of hers. Wow, I thought. Not only did Diana and I both have this dream, but the fictional Joey Potter did, too! But alas, she was only talking about some stupid and totally unoriginal dream of being shipwrecked with Pacey. God, how boring. Although, I must say, it's not an altogether unattractive fantasy.
Last night on The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All! (not sure if there's supposed to be an exclamation point in the title, but it felt right), an audience member asked Trista if she'd had any luck achieving "the big O" since she'd revealed on the first show that she'd never had one. Trista replied, "Well, you know there are two kinds. I've had the first kind but not the second."
Whoa! Let's back the cart up here. There are two kinds?! In nearly a decade of reading Cosmo, I have obviously managed to skip over something crucial. Which is why this weekend, I plan to gather all my back issues of womens' magazines for an emergency study session.
Speaking of a show where no one ever has an orgasm, ever, I'll admit that my affection for Dawson's Creek has been waning of late. I'll also admit that I still tune into it every week. Old habits are hard to break, I guess. Anyway, I was especially psyched for last night's show, in which Pacey and Joey get locked into a Big K-Mart and are forced to spend the night there. As some of you may know, it has long been a dream of mine to spend the night in a Super Wal-Mart (the kind that's open 24 hours). Shortly after we became roommates, Diana revealed that this was also a dream of hers. Due to circumstances that really don't need to be mentioned, we never managed to achieve this dream during our four years of living together. So you can imagine how excited I was to see Pacey and Joey living out the dream.
I was especially excited when, toward the end of the episode, Joey told Pacey that this had always been a dream of hers. Wow, I thought. Not only did Diana and I both have this dream, but the fictional Joey Potter did, too! But alas, she was only talking about some stupid and totally unoriginal dream of being shipwrecked with Pacey. God, how boring. Although, I must say, it's not an altogether unattractive fantasy.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]