Wednesday, January 29, 2003
Hey, she got at least 45 minutes of fame!
I have heard people say, and in fact I think I've said it myself, that there will come a day when America becomes so inundated with reality TV that it is possible that everyone in the country will have been on one reality show or another, thereby achieving their 15 minutes of fame.
However, I now realize that this might not happen. Why not? Because Tawny from Meet My Folks is taking more than her fair share!
That's right--Tawny has been everywhere on my TV as of late. Just yesterday, I happened to notice that she (or a very good impersonator) is the girl in the red dress on the Blind Date Uncensored video promo who flashes her date at the dinner table. And then last night I flipped over to E! only to discover that Tawny was on Star Dates with none other than Dustin Diamond. I am perplexed by the fact that when all of Tawny's dirty secrets were being exposed on Meet My Folks, they conveniently forgot to mention that she's ALSO DATING SCREECH. Oh, and let's not forget the topless bartending video, which will no doubt be poppoing up on late-night QVC in no time.
Some of you may have noticed that I've spent an awful lot of time as of late discussing reality TV. However, I must warn you that the only alternative is discussing my miserable, sucky life. If that seems more appealing to you, let me know.
I'm thinking of installing a commenting feature so that when I say things like "let me know," you actually can.
I have heard people say, and in fact I think I've said it myself, that there will come a day when America becomes so inundated with reality TV that it is possible that everyone in the country will have been on one reality show or another, thereby achieving their 15 minutes of fame.
However, I now realize that this might not happen. Why not? Because Tawny from Meet My Folks is taking more than her fair share!
That's right--Tawny has been everywhere on my TV as of late. Just yesterday, I happened to notice that she (or a very good impersonator) is the girl in the red dress on the Blind Date Uncensored video promo who flashes her date at the dinner table. And then last night I flipped over to E! only to discover that Tawny was on Star Dates with none other than Dustin Diamond. I am perplexed by the fact that when all of Tawny's dirty secrets were being exposed on Meet My Folks, they conveniently forgot to mention that she's ALSO DATING SCREECH. Oh, and let's not forget the topless bartending video, which will no doubt be poppoing up on late-night QVC in no time.
Some of you may have noticed that I've spent an awful lot of time as of late discussing reality TV. However, I must warn you that the only alternative is discussing my miserable, sucky life. If that seems more appealing to you, let me know.
I'm thinking of installing a commenting feature so that when I say things like "let me know," you actually can.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]