Monday, November 04, 2002
So this is how stupid I am. Tonight, I was leaving my apartment to take my car in to the mechanic. I left a lamp in the living room on, thinking I would be back soon. But as I was walking down the stairs, I reasoned that I was still wasting electricity, so I reached over the ledge that separates the stairs from the living room and turned the lamp off. Of course, instead of walking back up a couple of stairs to turn the stair light on, I thought I would just walk down the stairs in the dark. What's the worst that can happen? Besides me falling down the entire staircase and cracking my head open on the front door, I mean? But I figured as long as I held onto the handrail, I would be somewhat OK. By the time I got down to the bottom of the stairs, I was so proud of myself for not falling that I took my hand off the handrail and took a moment to congratulate myself on having been able to walk down the stairs in the dark. Then I stepped onto what I thought was the landing, but of course it was not the landing, it was actually the last step, and I fell onto my knees, nearly cracking my head open on the front door. Nice.
All this just to get to the car place, where they tell me that I'm basically going to need all new brakes and it's going to cost way more money than I actually have. Gaaaah.
All this just to get to the car place, where they tell me that I'm basically going to need all new brakes and it's going to cost way more money than I actually have. Gaaaah.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]