Thursday, November 21, 2002

Ladies Who Lunch
Today, I got to skip work for most of the day to attend the Birmingham Antiques Show, sponsored by our magazine and the Junior League. Which means I got to spend most of the day with the titular Ladies Who Lunch. I think I was the only person there without a designer handbag. Anyway, some highlights of the day:

-During the flower arranging demonstration, some dried lavender caught on fire in a mason jar right in front of where our staff was sitting, and Stacey, our office manager, attempted to put it out while the rest of us cracked up.
-At lunch, I witnessed a Junior League member nearly get run over by a guy pushing this huge cart full of bottled water.
-After lunch, my co-worker Tina and I walked around the show, which mostly involved us making small talk with the lady at the food samples table so we could stand there eating the food samples, and drooling over a brand new BMW Z4 convertible.
-During a presentation by interior designer Dan Carithers, he uttered the following phrase: "Creamware is a jealous mistress."

Ah yes, mischief and mayhem at the Birmingham Antiques Show! Unfortunately, tomorrow, I have to stay in the office and actually do work. Ugh.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]