Thursday, November 14, 2002
Happy Appropriate Music Day
Yes, that's right, I have proclaimed today Appropriate Music Day because my radio has behaved in a very swell manner today by agreeing to play songs that were very appropriate for the actions that I happened to be engaged in at the time. It woke me up today with "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves, and my rush-hour drive home was accompanied by Limp Bizkit's "My Way." Good job, radio! I expect you'll go back to your usual sub-par behavior tomorrow.
In other music news, I have found a brand new song to fall in love to--"Be Mine" by David Gray--thus replacing Norah Jones's "Come Away With Me" as Official Song to Fall in Love To. However, this cannot be considered part of Appropriate Music Day as my current love life consists of living vicariously through the cast of Felicity, which is to say that it is nonexistent. So unless Scott Speedman suddenly shows up on my doorstep, I'll have to file this one away for future use.
Note to Scott:
Don't worry. I got up to the door of the Notorious G-A-P and remembered all the nightmares I've had that I was working there, coupled with that pained look I used to see on your face as you folded white T-shirt after white T-shirt. So I didn't even turn my application in, which is too bad because my fake answers were pretty damn good. I did get a call from Pottery Barn, though, and I'm afraid I could never say no to them because the truth is, I would sell my soul for a red ultrasuede slipcover and a Manhattan leather armchair, and perhaps a substantial employee discount would ensure that I don't have to do that.
Yes, that's right, I have proclaimed today Appropriate Music Day because my radio has behaved in a very swell manner today by agreeing to play songs that were very appropriate for the actions that I happened to be engaged in at the time. It woke me up today with "Walking on Sunshine" by Katrina and the Waves, and my rush-hour drive home was accompanied by Limp Bizkit's "My Way." Good job, radio! I expect you'll go back to your usual sub-par behavior tomorrow.
In other music news, I have found a brand new song to fall in love to--"Be Mine" by David Gray--thus replacing Norah Jones's "Come Away With Me" as Official Song to Fall in Love To. However, this cannot be considered part of Appropriate Music Day as my current love life consists of living vicariously through the cast of Felicity, which is to say that it is nonexistent. So unless Scott Speedman suddenly shows up on my doorstep, I'll have to file this one away for future use.
Note to Scott:
Don't worry. I got up to the door of the Notorious G-A-P and remembered all the nightmares I've had that I was working there, coupled with that pained look I used to see on your face as you folded white T-shirt after white T-shirt. So I didn't even turn my application in, which is too bad because my fake answers were pretty damn good. I did get a call from Pottery Barn, though, and I'm afraid I could never say no to them because the truth is, I would sell my soul for a red ultrasuede slipcover and a Manhattan leather armchair, and perhaps a substantial employee discount would ensure that I don't have to do that.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]