Tuesday, November 12, 2002
Celebrate good times, c'mon!
Hey, remember that time on Friends when Ross wanted to play "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang on the bagpipes at Monica and Chandler's wedding? That was funny. Even though I think David Schwimmer has let his character get stupid beyond belief, sometimes I do still have to laugh at Ross.
Actually, the point of this post was not to reminisce about Friends, but to express my joy that this week seems to be going far, far better than last week. Here are some of the reasons why:
-I got a free review copy of "Shopaholic Ties the Knot," which is good because a) I need a book to read, even if it is a silly book, and b) we almost never get fiction books because we're an interior design magazine
-Karen, our editor-in-chief, stopped me today to tell me that she really liked an article that I wrote
-Had a pretty good interview tonight at Eddie Bauer, although I kind of hope I don't get the job because the manager said I would have to work on Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas, which would be a problem because I was kind of planning on being in Kentucky then. I guess I could always quit right before Christmas, but that feels wrong.
-Managed to get about 10 holes in my tights BUT managed to a) stop them using clear nail polish and b) cover them up by using a black pen to draw on my exposed skin. Hmm...did not think to check if either pen or nail polish was non-toxic before putting them on skin, so I might die, which would definitely be bad. But I probably won't.
-Heard from people in Michigan today re: potential job, and they still haven't made a decision yet. Even though I do not really want this job, this gives me hope that maybe the people at the jobs that I do actually want are still making a decision and are not in fact blowing me off as I thought last week.
-Even though I did technically hit a car on my way home from work, I was only going like 1 mile an hour, so there was no damage, and the lady was very nice and didn't try to pretend that there was damage.
-Downloaded songs from the new David Gray CD to listen to until I have enough money to buy it, and they are very good.
-Get to go downtown tomorrow to meet with designers to try to track down fabric names for the book that my boss is writing. I love meticulous, time-consuming tasks like this, especially when they involve going somewhere.
-Tonight is my guilty-pleasure TV night, including Life with Bonnie (I am probably the youngest person who watches this show, but I love that little red-headed kid), Less Than Perfect (Andy Dick being stupid in an office again...doesn't get any better), and The Real World: Las Vegas (you already know why I like that one).
-Today in the mail, I got a new Uncommon Goods catalog and the last issue of my nonexistent Vanity Fair subscription.
-And finally, the number one reason why this week is better than last week: I was the 3,000th visitor to Paul's blog! I have already written to him to claim the prize.
Hey, remember that time on Friends when Ross wanted to play "Celebration" by Kool and the Gang on the bagpipes at Monica and Chandler's wedding? That was funny. Even though I think David Schwimmer has let his character get stupid beyond belief, sometimes I do still have to laugh at Ross.
Actually, the point of this post was not to reminisce about Friends, but to express my joy that this week seems to be going far, far better than last week. Here are some of the reasons why:
-I got a free review copy of "Shopaholic Ties the Knot," which is good because a) I need a book to read, even if it is a silly book, and b) we almost never get fiction books because we're an interior design magazine
-Karen, our editor-in-chief, stopped me today to tell me that she really liked an article that I wrote
-Had a pretty good interview tonight at Eddie Bauer, although I kind of hope I don't get the job because the manager said I would have to work on Christmas Eve and the day after Christmas, which would be a problem because I was kind of planning on being in Kentucky then. I guess I could always quit right before Christmas, but that feels wrong.
-Managed to get about 10 holes in my tights BUT managed to a) stop them using clear nail polish and b) cover them up by using a black pen to draw on my exposed skin. Hmm...did not think to check if either pen or nail polish was non-toxic before putting them on skin, so I might die, which would definitely be bad. But I probably won't.
-Heard from people in Michigan today re: potential job, and they still haven't made a decision yet. Even though I do not really want this job, this gives me hope that maybe the people at the jobs that I do actually want are still making a decision and are not in fact blowing me off as I thought last week.
-Even though I did technically hit a car on my way home from work, I was only going like 1 mile an hour, so there was no damage, and the lady was very nice and didn't try to pretend that there was damage.
-Downloaded songs from the new David Gray CD to listen to until I have enough money to buy it, and they are very good.
-Get to go downtown tomorrow to meet with designers to try to track down fabric names for the book that my boss is writing. I love meticulous, time-consuming tasks like this, especially when they involve going somewhere.
-Tonight is my guilty-pleasure TV night, including Life with Bonnie (I am probably the youngest person who watches this show, but I love that little red-headed kid), Less Than Perfect (Andy Dick being stupid in an office again...doesn't get any better), and The Real World: Las Vegas (you already know why I like that one).
-Today in the mail, I got a new Uncommon Goods catalog and the last issue of my nonexistent Vanity Fair subscription.
-And finally, the number one reason why this week is better than last week: I was the 3,000th visitor to Paul's blog! I have already written to him to claim the prize.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]