Monday, October 21, 2002
Pros of Girls Club
-Makes me feel good that I am starting out in publishing and not in law
-Fun to see people struggling with their jobs, rather than TV characters living in a dream world where they all just magically have great jobs
-Nothing else on TV on Monday nights
Cons of Girls Club
-Suspect that all of the girls might be mildly retarded, as evidenced by their behavior, i.e.
-The girls mouth off to any and everyone at work who attempts to give them constructive criticism (although said criticism is usually unrealistically bitchy), an assignment, or tries in any way to communicate with them YET they don't get fired
-The girls seem to be vehicles for promoting sexist stereotypes, i.e. Jeannie, who is sexually harassed yet does nothing about it
-There are these random divisions of power among the girls, i.e. Lynn gets to try cases while Sarah's stuck in the file room, yet we have no idea why these divisions exist because the girls all graduated at the same time from the same law school and work at the same firm (which, by the way, also seems totally unrealistic)
-Thanks to Fox's ubiquitous promos, I had already seen 75% of the episode (However, I did watch the show, so I guess they worked on me.)
-Going back to the division of power thing, it puzzles me that Lynn has a huge office, yet Sarah and Jeannie do not seem to have offices or even cubicles
-Very, very disturbing to see Scott Foley in the role of a perverted murderer, when just an hour earlier he was puppy-dog-eyed R.A. Noel breaking up with Felicity...thankfully, he died in this episode, so he will not be back
-Unbeknownst to the idiots at Fox, the title requires an apostrophe after the "s"
Hmm, have decided to give Girls Club [sic] another chance before I completely write it off.
-Makes me feel good that I am starting out in publishing and not in law
-Fun to see people struggling with their jobs, rather than TV characters living in a dream world where they all just magically have great jobs
-Nothing else on TV on Monday nights
Cons of Girls Club
-Suspect that all of the girls might be mildly retarded, as evidenced by their behavior, i.e.
-The girls mouth off to any and everyone at work who attempts to give them constructive criticism (although said criticism is usually unrealistically bitchy), an assignment, or tries in any way to communicate with them YET they don't get fired
-The girls seem to be vehicles for promoting sexist stereotypes, i.e. Jeannie, who is sexually harassed yet does nothing about it
-There are these random divisions of power among the girls, i.e. Lynn gets to try cases while Sarah's stuck in the file room, yet we have no idea why these divisions exist because the girls all graduated at the same time from the same law school and work at the same firm (which, by the way, also seems totally unrealistic)
-Thanks to Fox's ubiquitous promos, I had already seen 75% of the episode (However, I did watch the show, so I guess they worked on me.)
-Going back to the division of power thing, it puzzles me that Lynn has a huge office, yet Sarah and Jeannie do not seem to have offices or even cubicles
-Very, very disturbing to see Scott Foley in the role of a perverted murderer, when just an hour earlier he was puppy-dog-eyed R.A. Noel breaking up with Felicity...thankfully, he died in this episode, so he will not be back
-Unbeknownst to the idiots at Fox, the title requires an apostrophe after the "s"
Hmm, have decided to give Girls Club [sic] another chance before I completely write it off.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]