Tuesday, September 17, 2002
My sorority life
I have officially pronounced today Annoying Sorority Girl Day/Official Day of Stupidity. Here's what I did to celebrate:
1. Had lunch with the rest of my SPC "intern class" (anyone else think that sounds suspiciously like "pledge class"?), during which I heard most of the girls introduce themselves in this manner, "I'm a [fill in Greek letters here]."
2. Also at lunch, witnessed one of the other interns from my building have to explain to the other girls what an enchilada is. This brings an interesting new depth to my dad's trademark phrase, "They're a few enchiladas short of the Mexican dinner."
3. Proofread a story that included the word "themself." I'm sure I don't have to point out to you fine people that "themself" is not and can never be an actual word. I should, however, point out that several of our other editors had already read this story.
4. Watched two full hours of MTV's "Sorority Life," figuring the day had already been shot to hell by stupid sorority girls; why not continue in the same vein. Witnessed one girl yelling at another, "That is not sincere sisterhood!"
5. Fully participated in day of stupidity by managing to spill boiling water on entire hand and yell obscenities.
6. Read a job posting on Ed2010 that contained the following enticement: "C'mon, how often can you have "bj" in your email address?" Wondered who would be stupid enough to apply for a job that included a sexual innuendo in the job posting.
I have officially pronounced today Annoying Sorority Girl Day/Official Day of Stupidity. Here's what I did to celebrate:
1. Had lunch with the rest of my SPC "intern class" (anyone else think that sounds suspiciously like "pledge class"?), during which I heard most of the girls introduce themselves in this manner, "I'm a [fill in Greek letters here]."
2. Also at lunch, witnessed one of the other interns from my building have to explain to the other girls what an enchilada is. This brings an interesting new depth to my dad's trademark phrase, "They're a few enchiladas short of the Mexican dinner."
3. Proofread a story that included the word "themself." I'm sure I don't have to point out to you fine people that "themself" is not and can never be an actual word. I should, however, point out that several of our other editors had already read this story.
4. Watched two full hours of MTV's "Sorority Life," figuring the day had already been shot to hell by stupid sorority girls; why not continue in the same vein. Witnessed one girl yelling at another, "That is not sincere sisterhood!"
5. Fully participated in day of stupidity by managing to spill boiling water on entire hand and yell obscenities.
6. Read a job posting on Ed2010 that contained the following enticement: "C'mon, how often can you have "bj" in your email address?" Wondered who would be stupid enough to apply for a job that included a sexual innuendo in the job posting.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]