Wednesday, August 21, 2002
And now for a new feature on the blog: book review! I find that a lot of my friends often ask me what book I'm reading and whether or not it's good. I will now post this information on my blog so that in the future we can converse about more interesting things, such as the weather. (Plus, you will be able to refer back to the blog rather than saying, "I can't remember, did you like such-and-such book?")
Note: Posting of book reviews should not be construed as an attempt by the author of this blog to be anti-social toward friends.
Okay, on with the review. After a self-imposed Barnes and Noble embargo of about a month, I finally broke down the other day and bought 4 Blondes by Candace Bushnell. I read Sex and the City last summer in one sitting, but all I remember about it is that great line that goes something like, "No one has breakfast at Tiffany's or affairs to remember anymore. Instead, we have breakfast at 3 a.m. and affairs we'd like to forget," and also that it made me never want to move to New York.
Candace Bushnell is kind of like F. Scott Fitzgerald, only not nearly as good of a writer and she talks about anal sex a lot more. OK, so she's really not that similar to F. Scott Fitzgerald at all, she just writes about the Hamptons a lot. However, her stories do seem to have a point, something that I felt The Great Gatsby was lacking. I am only about halfway through the book (I've finished the first section, "Nice n Easy," and am in the middle of "Highlights (for Adults)"), but I would recommend it to anyone looking for a light, quick read (and who doesn't mind the occasional comment about anal sex).
Today's quote of the day comes to us from Doug, who says, "It is undoubtedly the finest fusion of monkeys and hamster balls that I have yet encountered."
I can't even begin to comprehend this.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]